Monday, September 14, 2009

VA - Wet Dreams (1984)

Hello hello, and sorry for the delay. I've been enjoying my summer and haven't had a chance to update the blog. But now I'm back and I bring you a great Punk and Oi! compilation released by 'Rot Records' in 1984. Weirdly the compilation was named after 'Clockwork Soldiers' first EP. I'm guessing they were the ones that put this LP together. The compilation has the same format as other unfamous compilation LP's such as 'A Country Fit For Heroes' and so on. With the purpose to help bands from that time to get their name out there. I think about 1000 copies were released. Bands like Clockwork Soldiers (later reformed as 'The Glory') and Resistance 77 got lucky and continued to spread their fame all over England and some countries in Europe. For the rest of the bands, I think but I'm not sure, Riot Squad also gained some notice but nothing too big. We'll thats about it. It's a great compilation. I hope you enjoy it!

1. Suicide (Clockwork Soldiers)
2. It's Our Life (X-Cretas)
3. In The Name Of Science (Clockwork Soldiers)
4. Familiarity (X-Crestas)
5. Wet Dreams (Clockwork Soldiers)
6. United And Fight (Riot Squad)
7. Friday Night Hero (Riot Squad)
8. Send In The S.A.S. (Resistance 77)
9. Communist Cunt (Resistance 77)
10. Shattered Glass (Paranoia)
11. Dissillusion (Paranoia)
12. Shocktrooper (External Menace)
13. Flower In The Gun (Dead Mans Shadow)
14. Hit And Run (Clockwork Soldier)
15. Dream (Clockwork Soldier)
16. What A Shame (Christianity B.C.)
17. Trinity (Christianity B.C.)
18. Waste Away (Breakout)

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment