Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Frankie Flame & The Whalers - Oslo Oi! (1997)

Oi! Oi! Oi!, I bring you this rarity from Norway. I don't have much information about this EP. All I know is that it came out in 1997 and I'm pretty sure it was released by Frankie Flame, even though they are a british punk/pop band. They still seemed to release D.I.Y. style vinyls. The Whalers were a skinhead band from Oslo as you can see, and for this EP they feature Frankie Flame. I have read somewhere else, and I think they released a previous 7 inch, a tribute to the local football team VĂ¥lerenga, and I'm guessing 'Oslo Oi!' was their second 7 inch release. I also saw one of their members in the 90's skinhead documentry 'World Of Skinhead'. Even though they came out in the mid 90's (I think), The Whalers still managed to have a classic Oi! sound. A friend of mine told me they managed to make it to the early 2000's, but the band split up a few times, and everytime they reformed, sometimes they never showed up to their gigs. Sorry guys, this is all the information that I have from The Whalers. If you want to know more about 'Frankie Flame', check their myspace, here.

1. Oslo Oi!
2. Hammers
3. Lula
4. Love Ain't Rock'n'Roll

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment