Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Tag - Oi! Oi! Oi! (1982)

This got to be in my opinion, New Zealand's best punk band from the 80's. I don't have much information of the band. All I really know is that they came out either in the late 70's or early 80's. They were one of the few bands at the time to do a full length titled 'Can We Get Away With It?' which was recorded live at the Reverb Room and contains their full discography. They also put out 'Oi! Oi! Oi!' as a 12 inch with only 3 studio tracks that was released by 'Propeller Records'. From what I've heard the band broke up after the releases of one of those two LP's (I don't know which came out first). Even though they play a British Oi! style, they play it good. I've seen a few pictures of No Tag, and they had a skinhead member in the band. Enjoy!

1. No Tag
2. Mistaken Identity
3. Legalised Dogs

2 comments:

  1. One of the best bands from NZ.
    Quite a few years/decades ago they moved to the UK and then that was the last place I saw them.
    The raw energy and talent that is obvious on the EP is nothing compared to live...
    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hear they moved to the UK sometime in the 80's. I have their live album, and its great. It's true, they do sound much better live than in their studio recordings

    ReplyDelete